Additional information available on the Cyber Security Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Algebra
The Cyber Security degree provides students with practical and relevant skills in the field of cyber security, information technology, and computer networking. Students completing the degree will be able to demonstrate knowledge of computer software, hardware, and cyber security risks. The Cyber Security degree provides students foundation knowledge of cyber security threats, as well as procedures to mitigate computer and network security risks. This degree also includes strategies and techniques to manage access control, telecommunications and network security, information security governance and risk management, software development security, cryptography, security architecture and design, operations security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, legal, regulations, investigations and compliance, and physical security.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Cyber Security degree program, students should be able to:
- Apply basic scripting for automation
- Organize secure networks using appropriate network technology and protocols
- Describe the use of basic cryptography
- Utilize multiple operating systems both in the cloud and with on-premises hardware
- Apply security principles and best practices to secure systems and maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats
- Create cybersecurity planning and management in an organization
- Build security policies and ethics compliance