Additional information available on the Computer Information Systems Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Algebra
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Information Systems is designed for students who plan careers as information systems specialists. This program is designed for a student who plans to obtain an entry-level position in the information technology field. It provides a broad background that allows for free movement within the computer industry.
Students must have the ability to type 20 WPM or have completed BTE 1000 .
Students may complete deficiencies concurrently with the beginning courses in the program. Students not meeting a course prerequisite must have the instructor permission to enroll.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Computer Information Systems degree program, students should be able to:
- Explain Office application software to present ideas and information clearly in digital and oral formats
- Analyze and demonstrate understanding of the information technology standards and ethical and professional conduct
- Interact effectively with others on a project in a workgroup
- Demonstrate skills and tools necessary for current computing practices
- Design, implement, and query relational databases
- Demonstrate by professionally present themselves for potential employment
- Illustrate customer service skills and techniques as an IT professional