Additional information available on the Computer Information Systems Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Algebra
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Information Systems is designed for students who plan careers as information systems specialists. This program is designed for a student who plans to obtain an entry-level position in the information technology field. It provides a broad background that allows for free movement within the computer industry.
Students must have the ability to type 20 WPM or have completed BTE 1000.
Students may complete deficiencies concurrently with the beginning courses in the program. Students not meeting a course prerequisite must have the instructor permission to enroll.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Computer Information Systems degree program, students should be able to:
- Explain Office application software to present ideas and information clearly in digital and oral formats
- Analyze and demonstrate understanding of the information technology standards and ethical and professional conduct
- Interact effectively with others on a project in a workgroup
- Demonstrate skills and tools necessary for current computing practices
- Design, implement, and query relational databases
- Demonstrate by professionally present themselves for potential employment
- Illustrate customer service skills and techniques as an IT professional