Additional information available on the Social Work Department website.
Recommended basic skills standards are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Quantitative Literacy
This program provides the first two years for transfer students who wish to pursue a career in social work or the human services field. Because of different requirements at four-year institutions, it is important that students work with advisors. Students planning to transfer are advised to consult with an advisor.
NOTE: To be employed in the social work field it is expected that you will be able to pass background checks. This will include fingerprinting for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and a Central Registry Inquiry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Social Work Transfer degree program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate and discuss matters of inequality impacting various demographic groups based on gender, power, culture, religion, and sexuality
- Distinguish the various social service agencies available in the community and contrast how each unique service can meet the needs of unique individuals and their circumstances
- Construct a warranted conclusion by recognizing assumptions, interpreting data, evaluating evidence, and examining implications
- Assess issues affecting their communities from a variety of perspectives
Full list of requirements can be found at