Additional information available on the Building and Construction Technology Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Quantitative Literacy
A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to residential and commercial building construction and remodeling. Includes instruction in construction equipment and safety; site preparation and layout; construction estimating; blueprint reading; building codes; framing; masonry; heating, ventilation and AC; electrical and mechanical systems; interior and exterior finishing; and plumbing.
All students should schedule appointments with Building and Construction Technology program advisors before enrolling in class.
Students may complete deficiencies concurrently with the beginning courses in the program. Students not meeting a course prerequisite must have instructor permission to enroll.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Building and Construction Technology degree program, students should be able to:
- Interpret construction documents using industry standards in the building and construction field
- Research, interpret, and apply appropriate building and structural codes in building and construction
- Estimate the materials and labor for a construction project
- Perform hands-on activities integrating other industries for supplementation of skills for residential construction and light commercial construction