Additional information available on the Multimedia Graphic Design Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
- College Readiness in English
- College Readiness for Quantitative Literacy
This program prepares the students for entry-level work in some of the following creative and exciting areas: graphic design, photo enhancement, digital illustration, interactive media digital video production, web design, animation, and production layout. Students receive a blend of knowledge in color, design, computer software, typography, and drawing. Students will also choose from a variety of course electives.
Maximizing student success in the Multimedia Graphic Design program is the department goal. The program faculty recommends that students develop the following desirable skill and knowledge foundations to enhance student success:
- Advanced college level study skills
- Working knowledge of algebraic principles and basic measurement
- College-level reading, writing, comprehension, and study skills
- Working knowledge and application of college-level English
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Keyboarding, mouse, and computer experience (will be taught in MGD 1002). It is strongly recommended that students see an advisor for program planning.
Students may complete basic skill deficiencies concurrently with the beginning courses in the program. Students must arrange with advisors to remedy deficiencies in program requirements. Please call 719-502-3143 for advising.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Multimedia Graphic Design degree program, students should be able to:
- Discuss and implement design and industry skills using appropriate techniques
- Convey a message through a design medium based on client requirements, the target audience and using typographic principles to create an information hierarchy
- Produce a design that shows a mastery of technical knowledge in Typographic design principles
- Identify current trends and technologies as well as being well versed in a multitude of creative styles
- Critically analyze and interpret client requirements
- Assemble a strong portfolio and produce a professional level body of design work